Growing up as an adoptive person can sometimes be difficult and you may have questions about your early life experiences.
We can help you by:
- Listening to your story and helping you find answers to your questions
- Sharing information from your records
- Putting you in touch with other people who are adopted
- Giving you information about organisations for adopted people
- Helping you understand your own life story and adoption through working with one of our social workers or therapists.
To help us help you, please contact your local adoption service.
However we recommend you first find out about your family history by visiting the Family Connect website. This website will provide you with information and support to help you make a decision.
If you are over 18 years old you can apply to the General Register Office and obtain a copy of your original birth certificate.