Can I adopt?
Adoption has changed to be more open, supportive and fair.
You can adopt with us:
- If you are single, married or in a long-term ‘live-in’ relationship
- Regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality or faith
- If you have children or if you have none – some people adopt multiple times
- If you own your own home or rent, if you are employed or on benefits
- If you have a disability or are managing health conditions
- If you and your partner are 21 years old or over
Early Permanence encourages early bonding
Early Permanence means placing a child as early as possible. It prevents a child moving multiple times and also encourages early bonding between the child and the potential adoptive family.
We need people who would be willing to fulfil the role of a foster carer while the Courts decide a child’s future. If the Court decides that adoption is the right path forward, the child will remain with you.
Make an initial enquiry
You can make an initial adoption enquiry through Adopt East.